Other Services On-Campus
Air Evac Lifeteam was established by a group of local citizens to provide air medical transportation and ensure access to emergency health care for their remote community in West Plains, in the Missouri Ozark region. Although air ambulances were primarily based in metropolitan areas at the time, the company founders believed that the people who needed air medical transport the most were those living in rural areas, often far away from a hospital. That was in 1985.
Today, Air Evac Lifeteam has grown to be the largest independently owned and operated membership-supported air ambulance service in the United States, operating more than 100 bases across 15 states.
As the company has evolved since 1985, it has remained true to its original mission and patient first focus through an unwavering dedication to:
• Remaining an independent provider, which makes it possible to impartially work with other health care providers, including over 1,700 diverse referral sources representing over 1,000 hospitals and over 700 EMS agencies, to ensure patients are cared for and transported to the most appropriate medical facility;
• Providing service to the medically underserved areas of the United States, often in rural areas that other air ambulance companies may not adequately service;
• Responding rapidly through a contiguous footprint of mutually-supporting bases in collaboration with numerous hospitals, physicians, 911 centers and EMS agencies;
• Taking an active role in the advancement of health care services in the communities it services, through local interest in, knowledge of and relationships in each community;
• Providing superior patient care and aviation operations associated with substantial financial resources, a professionally managed, common infrastructure and standardized, centrally controlled operations.
Mission Driven Culture Serving Those Most in Need
Air Evac Lifeteam is committed to providing increased access to emergency trauma care to rural Americans. In a life- or limb-threatening medical emergency, a successful patient recovery often depends on the amount of time it takes to deliver that patient to the emergency room. Approximately 90% of Air Evac's patient transports originate from a rural area as defined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Air Evac Lifeteam believes that those who choose a rural way of life should have the same benefits when it comes to emergency care as those who choose to live in a metropolitan community.
Blood Assurance is a non-profit, full-service regional blood center serving 46 counties and more than 70 health care facilities in Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and Virginia. Founded in 1972 as a joint effort of the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society, the Chattanooga Area Hospital Council, and the Chattanooga Jaycees, the mission of Blood Assurance is to provide a safe and adequate supply of blood and blood components to every area patient in need.
*Air-Evac and Blood Assurance are NOT affiliated with JCHCA their facilities are located on our campus, however they operate independent of JCHCA.