Scottsboro Urgent Care clinic
Scottsboro Urgent Care clinic assists patients of all ages with no appointment required. The clinic is a great option for patients whose primary care physician may not be available, and to those who have injuries or illnesses that require immediate attention but are not in need of an ER visit. The goal of our walk-in clinic is to provide professional care for minor emergencies, illnesses and injuries, while keeping wait times to a minimum. Patients appreciate the excellent customer service and quality care they receive without having to wait for an appointment.
102 Micah Way Suite 1107
Scottsboro, AL 35768
Next to Geno's Pizza & Grill
Hours of Operation
8:00am - 5:00pm
* Closed Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day. Please visit the Highlands Medical Center ER for urgent care needs on these days.
Insurance and Payments
We are committed to meeting your healthcare needs, keeping your insurance and other financial arrangements as simple as possible. We accept most insurance, and will file your insurance for you if we are a participating provider in your plan.
All co-payments are due at the time of service. Please remember to bring your insurance card with you to each appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I go to the urgent care instead of the emergency room?
- Scottsboro Urgent Care should be used when you have a condition that needs immediate attention but is not life threatening. Some common urgent care conditions include, but are not limited to, sprained/broken bone, sinus infection, ear infection, minor cut requiring stitches, fever, illness where home/over-the-counter treatment is not working, etc. If your illness or injury is something you would feel comfortable addressing with your primary care physician, then urgent care is likely more appropriate than the emergency room. If you are having chest pains, shortness of breath, numbness on one side, slurred speech, major trauma or other potential life threatening conditions, you should go immediately to the Highlands Medical Center Emergency Room.
Is there a doctor on staff at Scottsboro Urgent Care?
- A full-time physician is on staff all hours that Scottsboro Urgent Care is open.
If I do not yet have a primary care physician, can I come to the urgent care for treatment?
- We offer services for individuals who may be new to the area and have not established a family physician. We can fill that gap by prescribing the maintenance medicine for a short period of time until a relationship with a physician can be established long term.
What type of insurance is accepted?
- BC/BS, Medicare, Medicare Railroad, NAMCI and CompOne
What if I don’t have insurance?
- Private pay is accepted at the time of service. We accept cash, check, debit and credit cards. We offer affordable care that is competitively priced when compared with other providers, and will gladly coordinate your treatment and financial needs.
Do I need to call you before I come?
- No. Scottsboro Urgent Care is a walk-in clinic and does not require an appointment.